Welcome to the Market!
Join us each Tuesday - June-September
2020 Sponsorship Information
Download the Information Packet and Application Form
Changes at the Market
This year, the Renton Farmers Market will change from being the community-gathering place it has been for 19 years, to a quick in-and-out destination for essential food shopping. While you will not see local artisans, crafters, ready-to-eat foods, kid’s activities or hear the sounds of live music, be assured that your favorite farmers will be ready with their Washington-grown fresh produce, flowers and other staples that you have come to enjoy. See the vendor list for June (subject to change, check back before you shop!).
Social Distancing Accommodations
The market has been redesigned for 2020 in a new paired down format where physical distancing and a high level of sanitation can be maintained for everyone. The number one goal is to make sure the market is a safe place for you to do your weekly food shopping.
New Location - Line to Enter the Market
The Market will be moving just slightly to the west, across Logan Avenue S to Gateway Park, in the gravel lot. This new location will also feature a designated entrance (just west of the corner of S 3rd St and Logan Avenue S) and exit so the Market staff can monitor the number of shoppers and ensure proper social distancing per regulations from Public Health – Seattle & King County. A line to enter will begin at the entrance and wrap north along Logan Ave S. Please follow directions on all posted signage and practice proper distancing from other shoppers in line.
A few of the changes you can expect to see:
- Fewer vendors will be at the market so that those who are there can spread out with more physical distance between them – and between shoppers.
- No kid’s activities, live music, cooking demonstrations, Master Gardeners, Food $ense, or anything other than a food shopping experience.
- There will be a designated entrance and exit, and shopper entry will be controlled to eliminate crowding.
- Vendors and staff will be required to wear masks or face coverings. Shoppers will also be asked to wear face coverings.
- Social distancing will be enforced for all participants.
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
- High touch points will be regularly disinfected.
Smart shopper strategies:
- Please bring and wear your mask
- Shop with your eyes; allow the vendor to bag your purchase
- Pay with credit card or exact change if possible
- Please limit to one shopper per household; consider leaving children at home if possible
- Give yourself adequate time to shop but…
- Have a plan and shopping list to move quickly through the Market
- Maintain at least 6’ distancing from other shoppers
- Leave your pets at home; only service animals are allowed
Thank you for your support!
The Renton Farmers Market asks for the support of our community. Please be patient and kind with Market staff, vendors and volunteers as we implement COVID-19 protocols to help ensure the Market stays safe for everyone.
In this crazy, confusing time, the Renton Farmers Market is a welcome and safe source of fresh, healthy foods while supporting our family farmers and vendors who rely on the market each year. Their continued success this season will help ensure they survive this very difficult year and enable both vendors and market alike to come back, hopefully stronger than ever, in years to come.
Food Access for all
The Market will also continue its successful SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) Bucks program, and offer a dollar-for-dollar match with the newly named SNAP Market Match (formerly known as Fresh Bucks) Bucks, doubling the buying power for local, healthy foods that are accessible to everyone. Visit the Food Access page for more info
The Renton Farmers Market runs every Tuesday, June through September, from 3 pm to 7 pm. Free two-hour parking will be available at the City Center Garage, 655 S 2nd St. The Market is also adjacent to the Renton Transit Center for easy access from public transportation.
Buy One, Donate One
Did you know? Each week we collect donations for the local Renton Food Bank at our market. Most of the donations come from our generous farmers - now we are asking our shoppers if they would consider helping out, too. Buying an apple? Consider buying another apple and donating it to the Renton Food Bank. See our donation station at the Market Manager booth for more information.
Three Sisters Salad - September 17
Serves 4, Prep time 15 minutes
1 can (15-ounce) low-sodium or no-salt added beans
(black, kidney, or garbanzo beans), drained
1 cup fresh corn, cut off cob, or 1 can (11-ounce) corn drained, or 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
1 each small red and green pepper, chopped
1 small zucchini, chopped
1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
2 tablespoons lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
1 jalapeno, seeds removed and finely chopped (optional)
Add beans, corn, peppers, zucchini, cilantro, lime juice and jalapeno to medium-sized bowl. Stir to combine - serve right away, or refrigerate for later.
See more great farm fresh recipes & recipe hacks using foods sold at the Renton Farmers Market.
What’s in season? Check out this helpful Harvest Calendar from our friends at Puget Sound Fresh!